Thursday, March 20, 2014

Men Not Dating?

Yesterday I listened to this video:



My first reaction was, great, men in Toronto are finally wising up. But then I had to wonder how prevalent this really is. If it's true then it must be a relatively new phenomenon, and men have finally had enough. It's similar to how unemployed people will look and look and look for work. They keep at it and eventually, if they don't succeed, they just take themselves out of the market completely, and stop looking. Even the most persistent people eventually give up if they are getting nothing for their efforts. Maybe the same is starting to happen with western men as a whole, and Toronto with its particularly strong contingent of nasty females is just one of the first to adopt this trend.

But how can we see how widespread this trend really is? Short of doing a large social science survey I decided to just look at the Alexa information for some dating sites, since they can serve as useful yardsticks. I looked at lavalife.com and it shows that, compared to the general internet population, a lot more women are using lavalife than men. In the past I've always known it to be the reverse, where many more men were on the dating site than women. I compared this to pof.com, okcupid.com, and match.com, which all show the same trend as lavalife, where more women are using the sites than men, although the difference is less than with lavalife, which is more Canadian based, and in particular, strongly Toronto based.

This apparent trend makes me think back to something I wrote once, where I said that even if some men begin to drop out of the running, other men will see the male-vacancy as an opportunity to better their chances with the women, so they'll just swoop in, and the number of men chasing will remain at a steady high number. But if what I heard in the video is true, then this is not happening. And I think the reason for this is because the women, in the presence of fewer men, do not become more receptive and easier to meet. And even if they do, it's only a surface phenomenon and at their core they are still the same. I personally have seen this to be true. Whether there are a hundred men in the room or just three, they will act pretty much the same, with that toxic air of superiority that they are untouchable and even something like market forces working against them won't bring out a change in their character.

So the men know that the adversarial conditions won't change even if there are fewer men pining for the women. Result: the number of men in the running continues to decline. But I think there might be something additional at work, having experienced this tendency myself. After experiencing so much rejection in so many ways over so many years you become conditioned to actually derive more satisfaction from rejecting women than getting laid. So during those few times that women show interest in you, you prefer to take the opportunity to teach a lesson and put the shoe on the other foot, rather than hook up. It seems that the opportunity to do THAT is more important, and the fact that it is a rare opportunity makes it that much more appealing.

I have gone into clubs and practically wanted women to show interest in me, not because I wanted to get laid, but to teach them a lesson by way of snubbing them. Sounds petty, perhaps, but it is a tendency I strongly feel nonetheless. Maybe I feel this tendency because I know that by reciprocating interest I am just giving her what she wants, which is what she is overly accustomed to. So by ignoring/snubbing her I am not giving her what she wants, and that is more satisfying to me than getting the sex.

This is a disturbing tendency I will admit, and I think it's best to focus this tendency on the women you sense are the stuck up kind. Such women almost always tip their hand early on. So if a woman comes across as even a bit arrogant, then she is the perfect candidate to reject flat out. But a truly sweet girl who comes across as humble, she isn't a good candidate for rejection, unless of course she just isn't your type.

If men are just now starting to reject dating and marriage in droves then you can bet that it's a culmination of years of rejection, being jaded, and horror stories that they have heard and/or experienced over the years. It can't be fixed overnight, and it's a situation that can't be fixed even if more women start throwing more sex at men. The problems go much deeper than that.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. It seems the main message is to not pay any attention to women who act cold/arrogant, which seems a logical and obvious thing to do. However a lot of guys seem to have a problem with it.

Anonymous said...

Toronto club scene: the bitchier women act (with the mother hen to cockblock), the harder men work to pick them up. It's a lose-lose situation... for men.

Anonymous said...

I think the key thing to this analysis is the age bracket 30+.

By the time men hit 30+, they've seen all the BS from women. The flaking, the playing around, mind games, demanding "relationships" where you are never good enough. So yes, they are jaded

When women hit 30+, they've had their fun, the one night stands, the playing around and want to settle down.

It just to opposite paths, so I'm not surprised, but again, I think you should emphasize, this is 30+, not 20's, women in 20's still have the ball in their court.

John said...

^^^ Good point. I also think that this recent no-dating trend, if it's true, is most true among the wealthier men who are most sought after by women. This elite bracket of men has the most to lose if they get with the wrong woman. Along the lines of what you're saying, the 20+ women are feeding at the dating trough like wasteful pigs, with no inclination towards meeting and securing a good man at this early stage. To these 20+ women, who are at the peak of their sexual market value, all men are still a dime a dozen. But when they hit 30+, and it comes time to marry (i.e.breed), they will start to chase more, but will only chase the wealthiest men. But such men are more guarded than ever when it comes to holding on to their money, since they have the most to lose. And a lot of them are probably thinking, "Why weren't these women interested in me 10-20 years ago? Oh wait, it's because I didn't have a lot of money then!" It's not just another bad memory where you can just shake it off and begin anew with a clean slate. You become ruthless, in a way, because the tables have turned.

By the way, I checked Plentyoffish and I found that there are still about three times as many men as women on there. Not sure about Lavalife though.

Anonymous said...

I noticed that 103 women and just 3m men turned up for the matchmaking event. Of course, The men were blamed for this unexpected disaster. Let's suppose it was the other way round. 103 men turn up and just 3 women? Guess who would still be to blame? I don't need to say.

Anonymous said...

"Whether there are a hundred men in the room or just three, they will act pretty much the same, with that toxic air of superiority that they are untouchable"

My new year's resolution was that I decided to track down how many women would make eye contact with me in the city of Toronto as a sign of total conform for her to be approached by me and introduce myself and start a conversation etc, etc... Well as of today April 03rd my stats sits at "0" women.

Ps. If I were that guy holding $400K in my bank account and no debt on my name, I would most likely be gone from this town and enjoying life with nice pretty girls found anywhere outside Canadian borders.

Anonymous said...

>>>My new year's resolution was that I decided to track down how many women would make eye contact with me in the city of Toronto as a sign of total conform for her to be approached by me and introduce myself and start a conversation etc, etc... Well as of today April 03rd my stats sits at "0" women<<<

I think 99% of women just stare at cellphones nowdays, so eye contact isn't possible from someone who is wedded to a phone. And some wear dark glasses to make it worse.

(Just a warning, London UK is the same - a complete segregation of men and women)

The other thing is the anger and contempt which is there before anything can even happen. I notice when I go to South America I don't feel this from women.

I've mentioned before the best places are anywhere outside of Northern Europe and Northern America.

Anonymous said...

I still think that what you say, that women only go after the wealthiest men is a bit of stretch.

Women in 30's naturally want to settle down and go for a man that can provide. In my opinion, that's anyone with a decent education and job. Doesn't necessarily have to be wealthy just by the fact that the market of very wealthy individuals is naturally much smaller than number of women looking to settle.

I'm not in the 30's yet, will let you know when I get there.

Maybe John it is time for you to come on down to TO and test the theory out? ;)

Anonymous said...

I wonder where women got the coldness and the inclination to just flat-out reject men? Maybe it's from all this shit they've had to take from men over the years, and all the constant rejection when they hit their expiry date (35) and gee, maybe they're also rejecting you because they derive more pleasure from it than they can from getting with you - so they teach *you* a lesson about how little value *you* hold - and because they know you'll probably fuck it up anyway even if they did give you a chance. This way, they've taught you what it's like to be summarily dismissed for stupid reasons, and they won't have to leave disappointed and with all their worst perceptions of men re-validated.

Why are women this cold and bitchy in Toronto? It's because of YOU, mes amis. You made your bed, now you lie in it. Alone. As usual.

John said...

^^^ It's amazing how you can say so much with so little substance

The german said...

Hey John, nice to see you posting again :).

I myself dove into mgtow some while ago and most of the content is very interesting.
The tendency to reject women, you describe, is quite familiar with me. Let me share my views.

It sounds totally weird and strange, but most types of women have become alien and unimportant to me. Being at university and seeing the behaviour of alot of entitled women first hand, is certainly not helping.
The games, which the more beautiful of them are playing, are hitting on my nerves, because they are not very subtle. They are no IOI's anymore, but a nuisance.

I just finished a project i had to work on with a very beautiful girl. She was attracted to me, because i was very communicative in class. Long story short, from day 1 on, she tried to give me little orders and tried to change my behaviour.
"Do this and that........please"
"Do not sit like that, it is inappropriate, what will the other people think."
Glad this is over. It made me aggressive. I nearly lost my temper one time.
Btw., her boyfriend did about half of her research. Poor fella. From what she told me, he is completely subjugated.

The idea of marrying a woman is as far removed as the distance between the earth and the sun is long.
The only thing, which bugs me, is that i will not have children.

And yes, i have to admit it. I myself snuff women too sometimes, mostly in clubs. It feels good and we are all just human ;).

John said...

"I still think that what you say, that women only go after the wealthiest men is a bit of stretch.

Women in 30's naturally want to settle down and go for a man that can provide. In my opinion, that's anyone with a decent education and job. Doesn't necessarily have to be wealthy just by the fact that the market of very wealthy individuals is naturally much smaller than number of women looking to settle."

*** Women will typically only chase the wealthiest men; that is, actively pursue them, get in their face etc. But since there are few such men available, women have to, by and large, settle for men who are not rich, but still make okay money, have a decent lifestyle, are decent looking, etc. These are not the men that women usually chase but is whom they are usually "forced" to end up with when there is a lack of better options. That said, most women settle for the best non-rich option they can get.

Anonymous said...

Toronto women are very difficult to deal with, and when you have feminists gathering support by the public.

The feminist who complained about dongles from her Twitter posts over a private conversation between two males, I wonder where women are going to be like in 2050 at the current rate of feminism.

Sounds like the feminists are the thought police.

Anonymous said...

I think this will give feminists a thing or two to think about....

Equality: A Step Down for Women?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icV-V73ZjRI

Anonymous said...

"I wonder where women got the coldness and the inclination to just flat-out reject men? Maybe it's from all this shit they've had to take from men over the years, and all the constant rejection when they hit their expiry date (35) and gee, maybe they're also rejecting you because they derive more pleasure from it than they can from getting with you - so they teach *you* a lesson about how little value *you* hold - and because they know you'll probably fuck it up anyway even if they did give you a chance. This way, they've taught you what it's like to be summarily dismissed for stupid reasons, and they won't have to leave disappointed and with all their worst perceptions of men re-validated.

Why are women this cold and bitchy in Toronto? It's because of YOU, mes amis. You made your bed, now you lie in it. Alone. As usual. "

Young men--That above comment is an example of Psy-Ops.

The shill is trying to enforce a feeling of guilt and sympathy while casting the blame on men. This tactic literally shapes the mindset of younger men.

The comment is propaganda based on the fact that the poster did not describe why men avoid marrying women, and instead focusses on women over 35.

If you read the news, many married female teachers over 35 are the culprits in illegal relationships with male students. Public schools spew the same propaganda piece as the poster, and I will argue:

Just because in that poster's propaganda mindset that men avoid marrying women over 35, it does not give women the right to discriminate, exclude and use the state to punish men whether economically, socially or physically.

Of course, feminism is backed by millions of dollars from elite banking cartels and chosen aristocrats, which is why misandry exists today.

Anonymous said...

Why would Toronto men date?

Toronto women are basically whores:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/10/29/erin-wotherspoon-dating-_n_4173996.html

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2013/03/20/the-sweetened-life/

Anonymous said...

The conference they didn't want you to see. This might in some way be related to this subject. Warren Farrell (and others) are on this. The unedited press conference as it happened on 26 June 2014.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/icmi14-nomra-icmi14-the-press-conference-they-didnt-want-you-to-see/

Anonymous said...

Some gems from this hilarious thread - Women in Ontario, Canada (http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6989):

"[Toronto] is the only city I ever gave the finger to from an airplane as I left."

"The Toronto women will smile, will talk nice to you, they'll be up for some small talk but that's it. Inside they're pure ice and they have 0 social skills.

"The Toronto feminists assumed they were emulating New York women but they were NOT. They were far, far, far worse."

Sound familiar?

Anonymous said...

Plenty of Fish experiment - Are women way more superficial than men? (You all know the answer.)

http://livinginthedeadcity.weebly.com/our-man-in-the-dead-city/plenty-of-fish-experiment