Friday, June 10, 2011

Justification For Prostitution

I've been thinking about the merits of prostitution and it occurs to me that in the past I've had a somewhat biased view against it. I realize now that it's actually a good thing to have, especially for males who have gone for extended periods of time without female companionship. That said, these are the reasons I've come up with in favor of prostitution:

• You are only spending money, as opposed to money plus time plus effort, or time plus effort at the very least.

• It crushes the evolutionary argument that very attractive women always seek men with superior genes (mostly espoused by PUAs). So if you got money you can buy sex with a very attractive woman regardless of how much "reproductive value" you have as a man. This is a great thing and perhaps more fascinating than the use of "game" to get a higher quality woman since game is just a way to enhance attractiveness. But money is simply a shortcut to get the same result without any of the effort to boost attractiveness.

• Paying money instead of using game means you don't have to change who you are. If you want to get laid, you just pay money, and your personality stays basically intact. So a truly alpha guy is more likely to just pay for sex than change parts of his personality in order to get women to have sex with him.

• Prostitutes compete with each other for your business/company, which helps raise the quality level of their service. This is unlike typical females in the dating game which feel no need to compete for a man, so like a tight trade union they collectively lower the quality of what they give to the man while expecting much in return. But for prostitutes, giving little means the man just "shops" elsewhere next time. This is a switch from the dating/courtship/pro-female/male-supplication model to an economic model for which payment for quality of service is the only criterion for the pairing between a man and woman.

• In the economic model where the man pays directly for sex, the seller (the woman) typically respects the buyer (the man) much more than women in the dating scene. The dating scene is also based on a buyer-seller model, but one which is cleverly disguised with fake courtship rituals and relationship quid pro quo, with the added insult that the sellers (the women) typically disrespect the buyers (the men). It's like walking into a store, and instead of being greeted by the merchant you are ignored, and even scorned just for being there. You are starting from a negative position which you must climb out of somehow. In other words, you have to prove yourself worthy before even ATTEMPTING to buy.

• Some men don't like prostitutes because the woman doesn't actually like them, and is just doing it for money. To me that wouldn't matter, anymore than I would care if my mechanic likes me as a person. As long as he can properly service my car, that's all I really want. I'm not paying him to like me. I'm paying him to service my car, the same way I would pay a woman to satisfy me sexually. However, I would want her to respect me. That is important, the same way it's important that my mechanic respects my wishes with respect to my car.

9 comments:

nick said...

Having lived in Toronto for nearly 3 years now, I must say that most of the things you've written about in this blog confirm the bulk of my experience in this city. I'm in my early twenties now and I have regretted the decision to move to TO every time when I encounter one of the problems that you discuss here.

I don't know how old you are, what job you have or how long you've lived in Toronto, but you manage to write about those issues while being very logical and reasoned, and I think that's an accomplishment. I am very happy that I found out about your blog, however, I just went into the process of figuring out how to move out of Toronto.

Most of these problems likely exist in other big cities as well. However, I feel that there's something about TO and the people here that makes those issues really pronounced and, for me at least, detrimental to living in this city.

Alexander said...

First of all, I would like say how thrilled I am that me and my friends are not the only people to hold these views. And here I mean EXACTLY the same views, from the VERY first to the VERY last article.

Here I want to ask the readers as well as the author of this blog for an opinion, and, as can be expected, it will not be a politically correct issue.

As a result of some humiliating and tormenting experiences I came to the conclusion that it is much more honorable to get a pay hooker or a massage girl if you want some intimacy, rather than throwing your dignity in the mud and taking a piss on it in the pursuit of the ever-elusive sex based on mutual attraction.

I was planning to make a T-shirt with the following slogan: "I would pay a hooker rather than date you". What do you think about that? Would it me too much?

For the time being I have been wearing some badges saying No Means No and Feminist Revolution but, of course, no one notices them.

Anonymous said...

so is it better to be alone (have no sex) or have paid sex with women who despise you? As repulsed as I am by the antics of modern women, I'm not sure prostitution is a viable option. Prostitutes are not normal women and are right up there with drug dealers in terms of the reasons for choosing that profession (no skills; quick, plentiful and relatively easy money). Besides, legal prostitution does not address the fact that MEN SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR SEX OR RELATIONSHIPS WITH WOMEN AT ALL! Why pay for something that should be free?

John said...

Alexander, I don't know about that, it might be too much as you say. But maybe something that jokingly compared the cost of dating to the cost of a hooker and put those two costs side by side on a T-shirt, along with cost breakdown. Of course it would be funny, but also a way to get some message out.

John said...

I don't think a prostitute would necessarily despise you. It seems a stripper who teases men only and gets paid for it is more likely to despise a man who dishes out money and gets nothing physical in return.

Prostitution has been around forever, and I think if a woman is going out of her way to get dressed up and meet you (a stranger) and then please you then she should be paid for it. I say this even though she might enjoy the "transaction" too.

I agree that the best way is to just find a girlfriend who will have sex with you regularly without too much maintenance and bullshit, but for those who are unable to do that in the short term prostitution is a viable option.

Anonymous said...

Hi John.

I followed your blogs for a long time, very interesting writing, keep on with the good work.

I think if you just want sex prostitution is a good choice.

For example I live in Austria (not Australia ;) ) in Europe, and prostituation is legal in my country.

For about 100 Euro / hour you can fuck a solid 8-10 girl for one hour.

For me time is money, and if you think about it this way... paying a prostitute is actually cheaper than trying to seduce a girl in a bar or something like that (e.g for 100 euro i have to work about ~3hours, but to actually "seduce" a very hot girl that would take like 50 hours of trial and error lol)

And in some cities like Amsterdam it is even cheaper and the girls a very hot (much hotter than your average bar/nightclub girl)

Anonymous said...

After reading the many posts on the subject of cold Toronto women, here is my take on it all. I was born in Toronto, I am 40 years old, single, no kids, had about 10 women. I make $40,000/yr. Again, the following is my opinion only. It is a little long winded, but it will make my point.

Toronto was started by the losers of the American Revolution around the 1790s. The elites that controlled Upper Canada were called the Family Compact. These elites did not want another revolution to occur here, so they stifled the remaining 95% by creating a society that was wedded to work and God. Any one who spoke out was ostracized. There was one hiccup during the 1837 rebellion, but other than that Toronto became Toronto the good. It was not until the 1980s that you could drink alcohol on Sundays and in some places till the 1970s women had to be with a man to have a drink.

Even though there has been a tremendous cultural change due to the waves of immigration, that underlying “coldness” has always been here. It is a Scottish Presbyterian Calvinistic attitude that work is next to god. The fall of Montreal as the economic engine of Canada due to language laws (starting 1976 to 1987), thereby giving the mantle to Toronto, has created a city that really does not deserve its economic fortune. Toronto was always culturally stagnant compared to Montreal. And the attitude of the elites of Toronto condition the masses below them.

See, Toronto has no culture except one. To make money. And because of this, people in Toronto “generally” judge each other depending on what they do and make. All the immigrants come to Toronto due to economic needs. Not cultural. Not political. Due to there being no culture here, the void is filled with making money. And this culture of money was/is created by the elites.

This then therefore affects social interaction between males and females. But this economic judging is being accelerated by changes in the rights of women and the equality of gays. I am not against both, I am just describing the societal impact.

Therefore, you get some women in Toronto who feel, nay, believe that they should have the best man in the city, while not bringing anything to the table. And these women affect the more reasonable women through osmosis. Immigrant women are hit or miss, depending on whether they have a grudge against men. I dated a couple of Russian women who were complete gold diggers, but they rationalized it because they said they had been used by men. Conversely, I dated a Macedonian woman who was very nice and traditional. Be that as it may, women new to Toronto (no more than 6 months) are much friendlier to meet and hook up with.

After 6 months to a year, a woman becomes Torontonianized, which I mean she becomes a business-mate –partner and has gauged her worth in this city.

As for the coldness in Toronto, it is due to the factors above. Generally, unless there is war or a catastrophe, the culture of a society stays the same, and it has not changed in Toronto for at least 180 years. In Toronto, people of higher standing are suspicious of those lower than them, for they feel they will speak about them and know their business and use it against them. This is due to the conditioning of the elites from the past to the present.

Zoran said...

This site is very rich with thouthfull individuals. I just felt I could say my side, my view on the topic(s)
Histrycally society was dominated by man, females had to comply as conditions of living were such. Today, females feel they do not have to comply any more, so they don't. We are back to even, as it has always been: there is no real true attraction, there is only a mirrage one experiences for a while during the process of maturation. There is only a need and force that establishes a dominant position(money, muscle, power, etc.). By the way that is exactly how every single thing works in nature, we are no exception. So find the way to obtain dominant position and excersize it. Nature does not consider moral issues. A wife and a prostitue are the same - a female, driven my same mechanisms.

Anonymous said...

I'm not pro prostitute, never used one and unlikely to use one (never say never ;) but I think it should be legal in a place like Canada which I think it will be soon enough because it was already decriminalized in a lawsuit, it is just waiting for a final ruling, Canada's prostitiuion laws are technically in limbo but still enforced
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/16/enforcement-of-ontario-prostitution-laws-upsetting-advocates

Anyhow, I don't find it attractive to pay for sex or sexual things, I been to a gentlemens club but could not get erect from the stripper, simply because I found zero attraction in it.

I don;t think men should pay for women, sex should be free, but I see the authors point. If I need to buy all these thigns to get sex then its the same damn thing but more elaborate.