Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Attention Whore

The attention whore is a female who craves attention, usually male, because it affirms that she is sexy and desirable. This type of woman will usually surround herself with less attractive female friends because they boost her self-image. In turn, the less attractive female friends hang out with her for the same reason a dog might hang out under the dinner table, to get the tasty scraps it might not get from the regular dog food. So it's a mutually parasitic relationship.

These women will also surround themselves with guys who want to fuck her (but never will). We call these men orbiters, because like satellites, they are in constant motion but always maintain a certain distance, never getting any closer. These women are sometimes so pathetic they will even go so far as seek out the approval of those they don't like. So in other words, although she doesn't like you, she at least wants to know that you like her.

Attention whores are incredibly needy, and although some would say they have a high self-image due to their looks, their self-esteem is actually at dirt level. This is because their view of themselves is on very shaky ground. It doesn't take much to make them question their attractiveness, and they are constantly managing the "system" they have built, to ensure maximum return. This means constant text-messaging, constant uploading of new pictures on Facebook, constant adding of new friends on Facebook, constant flirting with their guy friends to keep them hopeful and maintain their orbiter status, constant clothes shopping, and constant lookout for new and better sources of validation.

Some guys have learned methods to exploit the vulnerability of these females by using their need for validation against them. One such method is The Mystery Method. In this method, you keep the girl in limbo between not knowing if you really like her or not. So, in her mind it's a simple yes/no question she wants answered. This means that you have a fine line to walk at all times, because the instant she finds out you really like her, it's game over. She excuses herself for "a minute" and then ditches you forever. This is one major reason why Mystery Method sucks. You can screw up at any time.

However, if you screen for girls that genuinely want to fuck you, you are not walking a fine line. The reason for this is because the desire to fuck is not a yes/no question. So, if a girl wants your cock she will only be satisfied when she actually gets it, and she's more likely to come back for more (as well as being better in bed). This is why it's so much better to screen for girls who want sex instead of girls who want validation, and who might give you sex in return (if you dangle the carrot skillfully enough).

1 comment:

Dennis said...

This reminds me of this one particular girl that I see at Bar Louie almost every time I go there. She wears pretty much the same thing, never really makes eye contact with anyone other than who she already knows, and the one or two friends that I see her with are less attractive then her. I stopped her and introduced myself just to see how she would act. Girls like these are pretty easy to spot - especially the ones that are obviously hustling guys for drinks.

As far as the Mystery Method goes, if I have to knock down a woman's self-esteem in order for her to be attracted to me, then I really don't want her because I won't even respect her. I never felt comfortable using "negs" and I didn't feel that it was a part of who I was. A few times it even backfired on me. I give much props to Mystery for creating his system (because it took major balls and persistence to do so), however you obviously want a girl to like you for YOU and not because you somehow made her feel inadequate.

Last weekend I went out for the first time in about a month. I decided on this night that I wasn't going to dress up for women and just went there in a t-shirt, sports pants, and running shoes. I went to Bar Louie (which is really half bar, half lounge) at 7pm to watch a football game and if I felt like it, maybe stick around for a bit of fun. This was the first time in YEARS that I went out and didn't give a shit about how I looked. We'll, later on that night I decided to play ball and I approached 2 groups of women that night with no agenda in mind (I don't ask for phone numbers or dates anymore), and to my surprise, they were receptive to me. One of my buddies (who's an old school player in his mid-40's but looks in his 30's) schooled me and said "the clothes don't make the man, the man makes the motherfuckin' clothes." I agreed with him to an extent. Anyhow, I chopped it up with a few regulars that I meet there, danced a bit with a girl and by myself, and went home just before midnight. No need to stick around further. I do marketing for a chiropractic group and I'm more interested in putting myself in position financially so that women can chase ME instead of me chasing them and exerting all this effort. I've been chasing for 3 years and frankly I'm tired of it.

Lately I've been starting to listen to my intuition as far as going out is concerned. A few months ago I was sitting at home debating on whether or not I should go out and my intuition was screaming to NOT go out that night. I ignored it and went out anyway and I saw something at the bar that I didn't need to see - a girl I "courted" with another dude. That shit hurt. Ever since then, like you stated before, if I don't feel like going out, I don't go out, period.