Monday, June 15, 2009

Sex For Payment

I recently had the privilege of responding to a post a woman made on Toronto Craigslist:

She said: If you can't afford to be a decent person, then don't ask ladies out for dinner.

I said: So your assumption is that unless a guy asks a woman out to dinner he's not a decent person. Well I guess I'm a rotten person because I've never asked women out to dinner that I just met. Nice logic you have there.

She said:Tell them straight out that you just want sex for the price of a coffee. I am sure that 1 out of every 1000 or so will say yes.

I said: This is a classic example of Toronto woman thinking, the inability to separate sex from the "payment" paradigm. This is the core problem with women in the city. You can tease apart the group of women who want a relationship from the ones who don't. You can tease apart the group of women who are prudes from the ones who aren't. But you'll be hard pressed to separate the women who want sex from the ones who want some sort of "payment" for it.

It's prostitution disguised as morality and "respecting yourself". But actually, prostitutes are more honest because cash cannot be passed off as anything but cash. But dinners, nights out on the town, etc. THAT can be used to hustle unsuspecting men using the morality, tradition, chivalry, bullshit card. But men are wising up, even if it seems to be at a snail's pace at times.

3 comments:

nevermore said...

Yes and as the CL OP of "make her pay for dinner its easy" I loved your support. Thanks so much .And thanks for leading me here as well.You sure shut her right the hell up. Im not a hater but tired of this 1950s standard draining the pockets of hard working men everywhere.I may "borrow" excerpts from your rant (if I may) on my 50 city CL campaign.T.O.resident here

Vittorio said...

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Sure, you can use any material from this blog that you want. The important thing is to get the word out.

Anonymous said...

Churchill: Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?
Socialite: My goodness, Mr.

Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course...

Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?

Socialite: Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!

Churchill: Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.